Remove Power User role

yuriypalych yuriypalych

Remove Power User role

I want that an autorized user has no private and public pages in any community.
How can I remove the Power User role from default user roles?
Karthik Sudarshan-3 Karthik Sudarshan-3

Re: Remove Power User role

Hi,
  Please log in as admin (or whoever has the administrative role), and go to Control Panel. Select Portal->Settings option.
Here select the "Default User Associations" tab and in the second text area, you should be able to see that the "Power User" and "User" roles would be entered by default. You can remove the "Power User" from there.

Let us know if you still face problems after that.

-Karthik

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM, yuriypalych <[hidden email]> wrote:

I want that an autorized user has no private and public pages in any
community.
How can I remove the Power User role from default user roles?

The mistake people make while designing completely foolproof systems is underestimating the ingenuity of complete fools.
yuriypalych yuriypalych

Re: Remove Power User role

Hi,
I created my own TEST user role in admin control panel.
Then I set up "User" and "TEST" in Control Panel -> Portal->Settings ->Default User Associations -> second text area.

Then I created a new user test@test.com.
Then I went (as test@test.com) to Control Panel - My Account - Roles - Regular Roles.
There are User and TEST roles for my new user.

It is OK.
But why the new user has "My Places - Guest - Private Pages and Public Pages"?
Also I want to know how can I remove "My Communities" for the user?

Joerg Mauz Joerg Mauz

AW: Remove Power User role

Maybe you want to use these setting within portal-ext.properties:

    #============================================================================
    #
    # Set whether or not public layouts are enabled. Set whether or not public
    # layouts are modifiable. Set whether or not public layouts should be auto
    # created if a user has no public layouts. If public layouts are not
    # enabled, the other two properties are assumed to be false.
    #
    layout.user.public.layouts.enabled=false
    layout.user.public.layouts.modifiable=false
    layout.user.public.layouts.auto.create=false
    #============================================================================

    #============================================================================
    #
    # Set whether or not private layouts are enabled. Set whether or not private
    # layouts are modifiable. Set whether or not private layouts should be auto
    # created if a user has no private layouts. If private layouts are not
    # enabled, the other two properties are assumed to be false.
    #
    layout.user.private.layouts.enabled=false
    layout.user.private.layouts.modifiable=false
    layout.user.private.layouts.auto.create=false
    #============================================================================

This disable the automatic generation of user owned communities..

Cheers
        Joerg

--
Visit my WebSpace related blog at: http://blogs.ansmann.de/majo

Joerg Mauz
Leitung Geschaeftsbereich IT

ANSMANN AG
Industriestr. 10
97959 Assamstadt - Germany
Phone: +49 6294 4204 6333
Fax: +49 6294 4204 6905
Mobile: +49 160 90174629
Email: [hidden email]

Offices in: UK, Germany, Italy, France, Baltics, Sweden, Hong Kong, Macau & China

ANSMANN AG, Industriestr. 10, D-97959 Assamstadt
Vorstandsvorsitzender: Edgar Ansmann
Vorstand: Erhard Muench
Aufsichtsratvorsitzender: Rainer Weber
Reg. Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 721168
USt.-IdNr.: DE 156783270
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE32056780

I created my own TEST user role in admin control panel.
Then I set up "User" and "TEST" in Control Panel -> Portal->Settings
->Default User Associations -> second text area.

Then I created a new user [hidden email].
Then I went (as [hidden email]) to Control Panel - My Account - Roles -
Regular Roles.
There are User and TEST roles for my new user.

It is OK.
But why the new user has "My Places - Guest - Private Pages and Public
Pages"?
Also I want to know how can I remove "My Communities" for the user?

yuriypalych yuriypalych

Re: AW: Remove Power User role

I added this properties into my
/opt/webspace/var/webspace/war-workspace/customs/webspace/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties
and restarted the domain. (is it correct?)
Then I created a new user. The new user has an access to My Community - Private and Public pages again.

Tell me please, can I configure the portal that the users have no access to any settings?
(login, logout and work with portlets in welcome page only)
Deepak Gothe-2 Deepak Gothe-2

Re: AW: Remove Power User role

yuriypalych wrote:
> I added this properties into my
> /opt/webspace/var/webspace/war-workspace/customs/webspace/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties
> and restarted the domain. (is it correct?)

After any customization you need to run
ant -f synchronize.xml

It will ask for war to synchronize, chose the default(which is webspace)

then restart the domain.

regards,
Deepak