Running Web Space without Internet connection

btrimmer btrimmer

Running Web Space without Internet connection

I'm trying to run the Web Space 10.0 portal server on a Red Hat Linux machine that is on a network without Internet access and I'm running into problems.

During startup I get connection timeout errors for the phpmapportlet.war (2 attempts) then it gets blacklisted. Which seems like it handles it correctly. When I try to connect to the server through the browser, I get messages about "Reloading repositories," then 2 messages about "Unable to communicate with repository http://plugins.liferay.com/community." The browser never comes back from the initial request and the browser just sits there spinning. The server seems idle.

Obviously I'm very new to Web Space, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Murali-4 Murali-4

Re: Running Web Space without Internet connection

Hi Btrimmer,

  Go to <webspace installed
location>/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/webspace/WEB-INF/classes

  Open portal-ext.properties and add this property,
plugin.notifications.enabled=false . After this, it stops to checks the
plugins directory for updates and it should be fine.

  Let us know if it solves the problem.

Thanks
Murali

--
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!!!

Chris Jarshan Chris Jarshan

btrimmer wrote:
> I'm trying to run the Web Space 10.0 portal server on a Red Hat Linux machine that is on a network without Internet access and I'm running into problems.
>
> During startup I get connection timeout errors for the phpmapportlet.war (2 attempts) then it gets blacklisted. Which seems like it handles it correctly. When I try to connect to the server through the browser, I get messages about "Reloading repositories," then 2 messages about "Unable to communicate with repository http://plugins.liferay.com/community." The browser never comes back from the initial request and the browser just sits there spinning. The server seems idle.
>
> Obviously I'm very new to Web Space, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The PHP error is because the portal tries to dynamically download
quercus.jar (a GPL project),
and without internet, it won't work and PHP portlets won't work.  A
workaround is to either remove
phpmapportlet.war or download quercus.jar
manually from
http://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/lportal/portal/trunk/lib/development/quercus.jar

and inject it into the WEB-INF/lib of phpmapportlet.war.

The other messages are harmless and can be ignored.  If the browser sits
spinning chances are you
haven't given it enough time to initialize.

If you try it on a networked machine, does it work?

-jhf-