WSRP Options

hferreira hferreira

WSRP Options

Hello,

I have the installed the following version: webspace-10-fcs-gfv2-windows.zip

I follow the Admin Guide to try to create a WSRP Producer.

However I can not find any WSRP options as indicated in the documentation.

Can you help me on that?

Thanks in Advance
Rajesh T Rajesh T

Re: WSRP Options

Hi,

        Could you make sure that the wsrp-portlet is deployed properly ?
Just go to <your-glassfish-install>domains/domain1/applications/j2ee-
modules and see if there is a directory called wsrp-portlet -- This
ensures that the wsrp is installed successfully,  If not check the
logs and forwards.

If installed successfully , Here is how to check the WSRP, Login as
admin --> goto control panel --> See if you can see the WSRP Producer
and Consumer options on the left menu.

regards
Rajesh T

On 21-Apr-09, at 3:07 PM, hferreira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the installed the following version: webspace-10-fcs-gfv2-
> windows.zip
>
> I follow the Admin Guide to try to create a WSRP Producer.
>
> However I can not find any WSRP options as indicated in the
> documentation.
>
> Can you help me on that?
>
> Thanks in Advance

hferreira hferreira

Re: WSRP Options

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your help, and you are correct, I do not have the WRSP installed.

Hence I get the binary and  went to the link: http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/OpenPortal/WSRPGlassfishInstall
for the installation. But I saw the following error:

C:\Downloads>java -jar wsrp-configurator.jar c:\webspace-gfv2-windows\glassfish2 c:\webspace-gfv2-windows\glassfish2\domains\domain1
21/Abr/2009 11:10:38 com.sun.portal.wsrp.sdkinstaller.WSRPConfigurator install
SEVERE: Portlet Container is not configured at c:\webspace-gfv2-windows\glassfish2\domains\dom
ain1\portlet-container. Please install the Portlet Container before installing WSRP.
21/Abr/2009 11:10:38 com.sun.portal.wsrp.sdkinstaller.WSRPConfigurator install
SEVERE: WSRP Configuration Failed.
21/Abr/2009 11:10:38 com.sun.portal.wsrp.sdkinstaller.WSRPConfigurator main
INFO: WSRP Configuration Successful

After this the WSRP is not installed.

I'm trying the WebSpace Portal and not the Open Portal. Is this a problem for this WSRP implementation?

Thanks in Advance.
Rajesh T Rajesh T

Re: WSRP Options

Hi,

        If you are using webspace binaries, WSRP is bundled with it, It gets
installed when you install webspace ( ie unzip and run ant -f
setup.xml )

There is no need to download and install wsrp binary from the
OpenPortal WSRP site. Its not recommended to install OpenPortal WSRP
binary over webspace server.

regards
Rajesh T

On 21-Apr-09, at 3:44 PM, hferreira wrote:

> Hi Rajesh,
>
> Thanks for your help, and you are correct, I do not have the WRSP
> installed.
>
> Hence I get the binary and  went to the link:
> http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/OpenPortal/WSRPGlassfishInstall
> for the installation. But I saw the following error:
>
> C:\Downloads>java -jar wsrp-configurator.jar
> c:\webspace-gfv2-windows\glassfish2
> c:\webspace-gfv2-windows\glassfish2\domains\domain1
> 21/Abr/2009 11:10:38 com.sun.portal.wsrp.sdkinstaller.WSRPConfigurator
> install
> SEVERE: Portlet Container is not configured at
> c:\webspace-gfv2-windows\glassfish2\domains\dom
> ain1\portlet-container. Please install the Portlet Container before
> installing WSRP.
> 21/Abr/2009 11:10:38 com.sun.portal.wsrp.sdkinstaller.WSRPConfigurator
> install
> SEVERE: WSRP Configuration Failed.
> 21/Abr/2009 11:10:38
> com.sun.portal.wsrp.sdkinstaller.WSRPConfigurator main
> INFO: WSRP Configuration Successful
>
> After this the WSRP is not installed.
>
> I'm trying the WebSpace Portal and not the Open Portal. Is this a
> problem
> for this WSRP implementation?
>
> Thanks in Advance.

hferreira hferreira

Re: WSRP Options

Hi

Apparently the WebSpace is not bundled with the WSRP installation file!!!!!

I followed those steps that you described and that are described in the Starting Guide and the WSRP is not there.

Thanks in Advance

<quote author="Rajesh T">
Hi,

        If you are using webspace binaries, WSRP is bundled with it, It gets
installed when you install webspace ( ie unzip and run ant -f
setup.xml )

There is no need to download and install wsrp binary from the
OpenPortal WSRP site. Its not recommended to install OpenPortal WSRP
binary over webspace server.

regards
Rajesh T

Rajesh T Rajesh T

Re: WSRP Options

Just check the log file to see if there are any errors during the
first startup.

regards
Rajesh T

On 21-Apr-09, at 4:00 PM, hferreira wrote:

> Hi
>
> Apparently the WebSpace is not bundled with the WSRP installation
> file!!!!!
>
> I followed those steps that you described and that are described in
> the
> Starting Guide and the WSRP is not there.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>

> Hi,
>
> If you are using webspace binaries, WSRP is bundled with it, It gets
> installed when you install webspace ( ie unzip and run ant -f
> setup.xml )
>
> There is no need to download and install wsrp binary from the
> OpenPortal WSRP site. Its not recommended to install OpenPortal WSRP
> binary over webspace server.
>
> regards
> Rajesh T

macguru macguru

Re: WSRP Options

I have seen the WSRP not being installed if the ant that is run during
setup is not 1.7

Can you ensure that the ant installed is 1.7?

Part of the setup,  when you start GF,  is to run ant to deploy the
samples.  This is not the same ant as the one you actually run for the
setup.

Allan

hferreira wrote:

> Hi
>
> Apparently the WebSpace is not bundled with the WSRP installation file!!!!!
>
> I followed those steps that you described and that are described in the
> Starting Guide and the WSRP is not there.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>

> Hi,
>
> If you are using webspace binaries, WSRP is bundled with it, It gets
> installed when you install webspace ( ie unzip and run ant -f
> setup.xml )
>
> There is no need to download and install wsrp binary from the
> OpenPortal WSRP site. Its not recommended to install OpenPortal WSRP
> binary over webspace server.
>
> regards
> Rajesh T

hferreira hferreira

Re: WSRP Options

I have the ant version: Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on June 27 2008
The JRE is:jdk1.6.0_06

The machine is behind a firewall proxy and I defined the proxy and port in the domain.xml file.

When I start the server I've got the following bug:
[#|2009-04-21T10:50:35.586+0000|INFO|sun-appserver2.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.out|_ThreadID=15;_ThreadName=com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner;|2009-04-21 10:50:35,586 [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner] ERROR com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir - com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PHPPortletAutoDeployer.<init>(PHPPortletAutoDeployer.java:57)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.getPhpDeployer(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:95)
        at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.deploy(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:54)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:196)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:144)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:60)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:80)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$1.doit(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:91)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$SocketTask.run(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:158)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

But this does not seem to me to be the root for the problem that I have.

Hervê

Deepak Gothe-2 Deepak Gothe-2

Re: WSRP Options

Hi,
   Can you check whether there is wsrp-portlet war in
<webspace-home>\var\webspace\war-workspace\unprocessed . if yes copy it
to the autodeploy directory of webspace, i.e
<webspace-home>\var\webspace\deploy and tail the server log and see
whether there any exceptions.

Regards,
Deepak

hferreira wrote:

> I have the ant version: Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on June 27 2008
> The JRE is:jdk1.6.0_06
>
> The machine is behind a firewall proxy and I defined the proxy and port in
> the domain.xml file.
>

> When I start the server I've got the following bug:
> [#|2009-04-21T10:50:35.586+0000|INFO|sun-appserver2.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.out|_ThreadID=15;_ThreadName=com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner;|2009-04-21
> 10:50:35,586 [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner] ERROR
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir -
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
> at
> com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PHPPortletAutoDeployer.<init>(PHPPortletAutoDeployer.java:57)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.getPhpDeployer(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:95)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.deploy(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:54)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:196)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:144)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:60)
> Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:240)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:80)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$1.doit(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:91)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$SocketTask.run(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:158)
>

> But this does not seem to me to be the root for the problem that I have.
>
> Hervê

hferreira hferreira

Re: WSRP Options

No, I do not have that file (wsrp-portlet war) in any directory of the installation.

However I have a wsrp-portlet-5.2.0.1 application in the following directory ...\webspace\war-workspace\sources\wsrp-portlet-5.2.0.1

This application is unpackaged. Can I deploy it? If yes, then how?

Thanks

Deepak Gothe-2 wrote

hferreira wrote:
> I have the ant version: Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on June 27 2008
> The JRE is:jdk1.6.0_06
>
> The machine is behind a firewall proxy and I defined the proxy and port in
> the domain.xml file.
>

> When I start the server I've got the following bug:
> [#|2009-04-21T10:50:35.586+0000|INFO|sun-appserver2.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.out|_ThreadID=15;_ThreadName=com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner;|2009-04-21
> 10:50:35,586 [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner] ERROR
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir -
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException:
> java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
> at
> com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PHPPortletAutoDeployer.<init>(PHPPortletAutoDeployer.java:57)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.getPhpDeployer(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:95)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.deploy(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:54)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:196)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:144)
> at
> com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:60)
> Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: lportal.svn.sourceforge.net
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:240)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:80)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$1.doit(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:91)
> at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$SocketTask.run(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:158)
>

> But this does not seem to me to be the root for the problem that I have.
>
> Hervê

Rajesh T Rajesh T

Re: WSRP Options

On 21-Apr-09, at 5:06 PM, hferreira wrote:

> No, I do not have that file (wsrp-portlet war) in any directory of the
> installation.
>
> However I have a wsrp-portlet-5.2.0.1 application in the following
> directory
> ...\webspace\war-workspace\sources\wsrp-portlet-5.2.0.1

Yes use this

> This application is unpackaged. Can I deploy it? If yes, then how?

Just copy the above war to the webspace deploy directory  (which
Deepak has given below) -- It'll deploy it for you

Keep checking your server.log after that for errors or successful
deployment.

regards
Rajesh T

Rajesh T wrote:

> On 21-Apr-09, at 5:06 PM, hferreira wrote:
>

>> No, I do not have that file (wsrp-portlet war) in any directory of the
>> installation.
>>
>> However I have a wsrp-portlet-5.2.0.1 application in the following
>> directory
>> ...\webspace\war-workspace\sources\wsrp-portlet-5.2.0.1
>>
> Yes use this

Use the synchronize.xml in the war-workspace folder -- Here is how to use it

ant -f synchronize.xml
enter wsrp-portlet-5.2.0.1 when it asks for war to synchronize

regards
Deepak

>> This application is unpackaged. Can I deploy it? If yes, then how?
>
> Just copy the above war to the webspace deploy directory  (which
> Deepak has given below) -- It'll deploy it for you
>
> Keep checking your server.log after that for errors or successful
> deployment.
>
> regards
> Rajesh T
>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Deepak Gothe-2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>    Can you check whether there is wsrp-portlet war in
>>> <webspace-home>\var\webspace\war-workspace\unprocessed . if yes copy it
>>> to the autodeploy directory of webspace, i.e
>>> <webspace-home>\var\webspace\deploy and tail the server log and see
>>> whether there any exceptions.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Deepak

hferreira hferreira

Re: WSRP Options

Hello Deepak,

You were correct in your last statement. It solve the problem I had.

Thanks for your help
Hervê

Deepak Gothe-2 wrote